China Representative Office Setupis also called China Representative Office formation, China
Representative Office registration, China Representative Office
incorporation and China Representative Office establishment.
Setting up a representative office is the most inexpensive entry
form for foreign enterprises to enter the Chinese market. The role
of a representative office basically is to serve as a liaison
office between a foreign company and its business partners in
China, and to coordinate the parent enterprise activities in China
(travel arrangements, promotion etc.). Representative offices are
applicable for many industries: trading, shipping, consulting, etc.
China Representative Office Setup-Advantages of RO in China
Using a representative office as China entry form has the following
1. Affordable: no paid capital required, government and service
fees are usually lower than what is needed for WFOEs.
2. Quicker registration process (usually within one month or so)
3. Less paperwork required for application (compared to wholly
foreign owned enterprises)
China Representative Office Setup-The functions of RO
1. It can handle market research, sourcing, project investigation,
quality control for parent company, liaison with customers and
2. It cannot enter into purchase/sales contracts and receive
payment for services, issue invoices.
3. A RO can open bank accounts and employ staff for above-
4. Apply for work permit and residence permit.
5. A RO is still subject to tax liability, so monthly tax return
should be carried out regularly.
6. If a RO is set up in Shanghai, it is qualified to get a car
without entrance tax.
China Representative Office Setup-Business Follow Up of China RO
TANNET can provide a series of business follow-up services such as
transfer RO to WFOE, monthly bookkeeping and tax return, annual
return services, internal auditing, financial planning and tax
layout, China policy & market study. Other services include
domain name registration, webpage design, website promotion, China
trademark registration, Work Permit, Residence Permit, etc. in
order to pave a smoother and wider way for your China business
If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to contact us anytime,
anywhere by simply visiting website www.ono-bbb.net, or calling
China hotline at 86-021-31397141, 86-